Recent Trust Fund activities include:
- An annual plant and compost sale in Goderich. The 2013 sale was held on May 5th and raised over $1,400. A special thank you is extended to Steele Wool Farm for assisting with the compost. In the afternoon the Trust Fund partnered with Maitland Trail Association to host a guided walk through the Maitland Woods. Visitors were able to see spring wildflowers, woodland song birds, snakes, geese and lots of signs of woodpeckers. Thank you to everyone who joined us at the sale and on the walk.
- Support of the schoolyard learning grounds project at Brookside Public School.
- Support of the Huron Community Stewardship Portal that provides a web presence for numerous conservation groups in Huron County.
- A $5,000 donation for 2014 Species at Risk field surveys of Queen Snake habitat.
- The planting of trees on a property near Goderich in partnership with the Nature Conservancy of Canada. The Trust Fund is also working with the Nature Conservancy of Canada to undertake a biological inventory of another property in the Goderich area.
- Funding conservation education programs at the Wawanosh Nature Centre.
- Supporting the printing of a tree and plant guide for the Maitland Woods.
- The donation of equipment for interpretive programs at Falls Reserve Conservation Area. This equipment will be used for pond and river studies, guided hikes, insect programs and bird studies.